The longlist for this year’s Republic of Consciousness Prize for Small Presses was released today:
- Boiler House Press: Little Boy by John Smith
- Cassava Republic: An Unusual Grief by Yewande Omotoso
- Dead Ink: The Doloriad by Missouri Williams
- Hope Road: The Last One by Fatima Daas (tr. Lara Vergnaud)
- Montez Press: New Mindmapping Forms by Eva Ďurovec
- Peninsula Press: Still Life by Zoë Wicomb
- Pilot Press: My Dead Book by Nate Lippens
- Rough Trade Books: I’m a Fan by Sheena Patel
- Tenement Press: MUEUM by SJ Fowler
- Tilted Axis Press: Chinatown by Thuận (tr. Nguyễn An Lý)
The publisher links above go to the publishers’ specific pages on each book.
I’ve taken a look at the time I realistically have, and decided that I’m not going to read along with the Prize this year – all ten is just too much for me. But I will see what piques my interest, and hopefully manage to read a few in the weeks ahead. Congratulations to all the nominees!
Leave a Reply