It’s time for the International Booker Prize shadow panel to announce our shortlist. We’ve given our scores, totted up the totals, and here are our top six :
- Cursed Bunny by Bora Chung, translated from Korean by Anton Hur (Honford Star)
- A New Name: Septology VI-VII by Jon Fosse, translated from Norwegian by Damion Searls (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- The Book of Mother by Violaine Huisman, translated from French by Leslie Camhi (Virago)
- Happy Stories, Mostly by Norman Erikson Pasaribu, translated from Indonesian by Tiffany Tsao (Tilted Axis Press)
- Elena Knows by Claudia Piñeiro, translated from Spanish by Frances Riddle (Charco Press)
- Tomb of Sand by Geetanjali Shree, translated from Hindi by Daisy Rockwell (Tilted Axis Press)
Our list shares four titles with the official shortlist (the differences are interesting, I think). All my favourites are here… I wonder what we’ll choose for the shadow winner.