Book of the Month
This is a tricky one, because the best book I read in February — Lucy Wood’s marvellous collection of stories based on Cornish folklore, Diving Belles — is one I haven’t reviewed yet; and the best book I reviewed on the blog — Everyone’s Just So So Special by Robert Shearman — was one I read last year. Oh, just go and read them both; they’re brilliant books.
- Everyone’s Just So So Special by Robert Shearman [*****]
- The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka [****]
- Rough Music by Simon Kurt Unsworth [***½]
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson [***½]
- A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé [***]
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt [***]
- The Somnambulist by Essie Fox [***]
- Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes [***]
- The Report by Jessica Francis Kane [***]
- Treasure Island!!! by Sara Levine [***]
- Rules of Civility by Amor Towles [***]
- Guessing the Clarke Award shortlist.