The scores are in, and we have our shadow shortlist:
- The Impostor by Javier Cercas, tr. Frank Wynne (Spain, MacLehose Press).
- The White Book by Han Kang, tr. Deborah Smith (South Korea, Portobello Books).
- Die, My Love by Ariana Harwicz, tr. Sarah Moses and Carolina Orloff (Argentina, Charco Press).
- The Flying Mountain by Christoph Ransmayr, tr. Simon Pare (Austria, Seagull Books).
- Flights by Olga Tokarczuk, tr. Jennifer Croft (Poland, Fitzcarraldo Editions).
- The Stolen Bicycle by Wu Ming-Yi, tr. Darryl Sterk (Taiwan, Text Publishing).
Go, Went, Gone and Frankenstein in Baghdad receive honourable mentions from the shadow panel.
We’ve ended up with quite a different shortlist from the official one (only two titles in common) – but of course that’s all part of the fun!
The winner of this year’s MBIP will be announced on 22 May, with the shadow winner revealed shortly before.
Leave a Reply