Today, for Spanish Lit Month, a look back through my archives. This is a list of all my reviews of books translated from the languages of Spain, in reverse order of posting. It’s not a huge number (in the early years of this blog, I didn’t read many translations), but I wanted to link to everything in one place. So – positive or negative, short or long – it’s all here. Just to clarify a few things: all books are translated from Spanish unless otherwise indicated; some links go to external websites; and anything labelled ‘note’ is a few lineswithin a longer round-up post.
- The Skating Rink by Roberto Bolaño, tr. Chris Andrews.
- Sudden Death by Álvaro Enrigue, tr. Natasha Wimmer [link to Shiny New Books].
- Nocilla Dream by Agustín Fernández Mallo, tr. Thomas Bunstead.
- The Boy Who Stole Attila’s Horse by Iván Repila, tr. Sophie Hughes.
- Dublinesque by Enrique Vila-Matas, tr. Rosalind Harvey and Anne McLean.
- Mildew by Paulette Jonguitud, tr. the author.
- Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera, tr. Lisa Dillman [link to Words Without Borders].
- In the Beginning Was the Sea by Tomás González, tr. Frank Wynne.
- By Night the Mountain Burns by Juan Tomás Ávila Laurel, tr. Jethro Soutar.
- Bilbao – New York – Bilbao by Kirmen Uribe, tr. from Basque by Elizabeth Macklin [link to Shiny New Books].
- No One Writes to the Colonel by Gabriel García Márquez, tr. J.S. Bernstein.
- The Stein Report by José Carlos Llop, tr. Howard Curtis [note].
- The Infatuations by Javier Marías, tr. Margaret Jull Costa.
- Under This Terrible Sun by Carlos Busqued, tr. Megan McDowell [note].
- Ways of Going Home by Alejandro Zambra, tr. Megan McDowell.
- Tears in Rain by Rosa Montero, tr. Lilit Žekulin Thwaites [link to Strange Horizons].
- Down the Rabbit Hole by Juan Pablo Villalobos, tr. Rosalind Harvey.
- Stone in a Landslide by Maria Barbal, tr. from Catalan by Laura McGloughlin and Paul Mitchell.
Leave a Reply