Last Thursday, the winners of this year’s Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize were announced:
- The Incarnations by Susan Barker (Doubleday)
- The Redemption of Galen Pike by Carys Davies (Salt)
- Significance by Jo Mazelis (Seren)
- The Offering by Grace McCleen (Sceptre)
- Mother Island by Bethan Roberts (Chatto & Windus)
- A Man Lies Dreaming by Lavie Tidhar (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Animals by Emma Jane Unsworth (Canongate)
- Mobile Library by David Whitehouse (Picador)
It’s an interesting selection: I’ve reviewed a couple (linked above) and will be checking out a few others.
In addition, the Fiction Uncovered website is again hosting a series of articles by guest editors (like the columns I wrote last year). Naomi from The Writes of Woman was this year’s first guest editor; currently it’s Kate and Rob from Adventures with Words. Go and have a look.