Book of the Month
At the start of May, we found out which novel won this year’s Arthur C. Clarke Award, and my favourite read of the month was a previous Clarke shortlistee – Sarah Hall’s The Carhullan Army. Already I have plans for the next book of Hall’s I’m going to read; there won’t be a review of it, but something else. More on that in a few weeks…
- The Apartment by Greg Baxter [****]
- The Carhullan Army by Sarah Hall [****]
- Touching the Void by Joe Simpson [****]
- The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro [***½]
- The English Monster by Lloyd Shepherd [***½]
- Take This Man by Alice Zeniter [***½]
- Creating Rachel by Mustafa Alrawi [***]
- Summer by Tom Darling [***]
- My Name Is E by Frederick Lightfoot [***]
- The Book of Idiots by Christopher Meredith [***]
- The winner of the Clarke Award.
- An interview with publisher Robert Davidson of Sandstone Press.
- This year’s Fiction Uncovered list.
Leave a Reply