Book of the Month
This month, I read the winners of both the Man Booker Prize and the Guardian‘s Not the Booker Prize. The latter won out for me, so my pick of October’s reads is King Crow, Michael Stewart’s intriguing study of a teenage boy obsessed with birds, who gets led astray by a new friend.
Now here’s what else was on the blog this month…
- King Crow by Michael Stewart [****]
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes [***½]
- What I Did by Christopher Wakling [***½]
- Comes the Night by Hollis Hampton-Jones [***]
- Abolisher of Roses by Gary Fry [**½]
- … and I began a story-by-story review of Stephen Jones’s anthology A Book of Horrors.