The shortlist for this year’s Goldsmiths Prize was announced on Wednesday:
- Amy Arnold, Slip of a Fish (And Other Stories)
- Lucy Ellmann, Ducks, Newburyport (Galley Beggar Press)
- Mark Haddon, The Porpoise (Chatto & Windus)
- Deborah Levy, The Man Who Saw Everything (Hamish Hamilton)
- Vesna Main, Good Day? (Salt Publishing)
- Isabel Waidner, We Are Made of Diamond Stuff (Dostoyevsky Wannabe)
It’s been a good few years since I did a proper shortlist readalong (apart from the Man Booker International Prize, of course), and I already have half of these, so I’m going to read the list and report back. The Goldsmiths usually comes up with some gems, so I’m looking forward to it already.