The shortlist for this year’s Goldsmiths Prize was announced on Wednesday:
- Amy Arnold, Slip of a Fish (And Other Stories)
- Lucy Ellmann, Ducks, Newburyport (Galley Beggar Press)
- Mark Haddon, The Porpoise (Chatto & Windus)
- Deborah Levy, The Man Who Saw Everything (Hamish Hamilton)
- Vesna Main, Good Day? (Salt Publishing)
- Isabel Waidner, We Are Made of Diamond Stuff (Dostoyevsky Wannabe)
It’s been a good few years since I did a proper shortlist readalong (apart from the Man Booker International Prize, of course), and I already have half of these, so I’m going to read the list and report back. The Goldsmiths usually comes up with some gems, so I’m looking forward to it already.
6th October 2019 at 2:33 pm
Can’t help but love this as a publisher name: Dostoyevsky Wannabe.