This wrap-up post is a little later than usual, because I was away at FantasyCon over the weekend. But here’s what happened on the blog in September.
Book of the Month
My favourite read this month is a work of non-fiction (something I don’t read as often as I’d like). Joe Moran’s On Roads: a Hidden History is a look at the British road system in the post-war years, but there’s so much more to it than might appear from that description.
- On Roads by Joe Moran [****]
- Down the Rabbit Hole by Juan Pablo Villalobos [****]
- Made in Britain by Gavin James Bower [***½]
- The Legend of False Dreaming by Toiya Kristen Finley [***½]
- The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman [***½]
- Looking for Jake by China Miéville [***½]
- How to Forget by Marius Brill [***]
- Buzz Aldrin, What Happened to You in All the Confusion? by Johan Harstad [***]
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern [***]
- I also blogged the shortlist of the BBC National Short Story Award 2011.