Another month ends; here’s what was on the blog…
Book of the Month
In July, this blog was mostly concerned with short stories, and it’s a collection of those which takes the top spot this month: Stuart Evers’ Ten Stories About Smoking.
- Ten Stories About Smoking by Stuart Evers [****]
- Blood by Janice Galloway [***½]
- The White Road and Other Stories by Tania Hershman [***½]
- Fifteen Modern Tales of Attraction by Alison MacLeod [***½]
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch [***]
- …and reviews of the April and May issues of Apex Magazine over at The Portal.
- My list of notable books for July.
- Helen Oyeyemi’s talk at London Literature Festival.
- A report from the ShortStoryVille festival.
- Thoughts on the Man Booker Prize longlist.
Leave a Reply