I haven’t had as much time to devote to reading and blogging so far this year, so January was a relatively lean month, but not one without some interesting books…
Book of the Month
Simon Lelic has, for me, been one of the most interesting British authors to emerge in the last few years. My favourite read in January was his latest novel, The Child Who, the complex portrait of a lawyer defending a child murderer.
- The Child Who by Simon Lelic [****]
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell [****]
- The White Trail by Fflur Dafydd [***½]
- The Prince’s Pen by Horatio Clare [***]
- Loving by Henry Green [***]
- Jubilee by Shelley Harris [***]
- I’ll be joining in the Mixing It Up Challenge 2012.
- What I borrowed from the library, and why.
- A revised version of Review Response Bingo.
- Thirty years of Adrian Mole.
Leave a Reply